Sunday 23 October 2011

Comments and References

Here are the comments I wanted to post over 2 weeks ago!!! (I must be VERY technologically challenged OR the internet is allergic to my comments).

Shilmoni ... this is a great blog. I have loved reading about cooking in your life. Your writing is genuine and beautiful; the links to our class learning are detailed and easy to understand. One thing: a wee typo mistake! ergonomics needs an "r" :o) Lauren
Kelsey this is a really insightful and interesting blog to read! I can't find anything to say about "improvements"! I love it. The layout, pictures and colours are visually aesthetic, the personal accounts are linked so well to our learning in class; very comprehensive, with great references! You should be proud of this work (and your baking creations!):o) Lauren
Judith, I really like your blog about knitting. Your material links so well to the aspects of meaningful occupation that we have looked at in class. I also really like the way other students’ blogs pop up on the right of your blog (easy access to view more blogs!). I learned a lot from your interpretation of ‘affordance” as I am still trying to explain it clearly to myself in my head! So thank you! One thing I would love to see you post is some pictures of your knitting creations :o) Lauren
David, I really love the pictures that accompany your blog posts! I like the way you write about your activity; your reflections are full and you have a great variety of references across the entire blog. The only thing I reckon that could change is the font being red! Its’ hard to read on the black (but that may be my eyesight!). I especially loved your post about the apple tree named Ethel! What a wonderful way to describe your interaction with pruning.
Rachael … your images: WOW, WOW, WOW!!! The stories behind your images are beautifully written, you have really learned to reflect so well on your activity and share it with us all. The layout of your blog is enticing … the pictures catch your eye and really make you want to read about your experience with the activity. Well done you!!!
References:
Arendt, Hannah. (1958). The human condition. Chicago: Chicago University Press.

Christiansen, C. & Townsend, E. (2010). Introduction to occupation: The art of science and living. (2nd eds.). Prentice Hall.
Costin, C. L. (2008). Introduction: Craft and identity. Archeological Papers of the American Anthropological  Association vol.8 (1). Northridge: California State University.
Gaiman, N. (2005). Anansi Boys: Harper Torch.

Gaver, W.W. (1991). Technology affordances. CHI’91 Conference Proceedings. 79-84.

Hopkins, H.L., & Smith, H.D. (1983). Willard and Spackman’s occupational therapy. In Crepeau E. (2003). Analyzing occupation and activity: A way of thinking about occupational performance.                   In Crepeau, E., Cohn, E., & Schell, B. (Eds.), Willard and Spackman’s occupational therapy    (10th ed., pp.189-198). Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins

Ireson, J.C. (1997). Victor Hugo: A Companion to His Poetry. Clarendon Press
Lawton, L. (1994). Just a little Christmas story. Occupation 2(2).

Norman, D.A. (1988).  The Psychology of Everyday Things. New York: Basic Books

Norman, D.A. (1999). Affordance, conventions, and design. Interactions, 6(3), 38-42.
Stubbs, D. A. (2000) Ergonomics and occupational medicine: future challenges.                                                      Occupational Medicine 50(4), 277-282.                     

3 comments: